The Lawrence Berkeley National Lab is a DOE Facility. All visitors are expected to behave in a safe manner with respect for the safety culture.
- Stay off roofs
- No recreational drugs or alcohol are allowed here
- Tell your host if you suffer an injury
- Call 911 from a lab phone in an emergency
- Speed limit is 25 mph unless posted lower
- Follow traffic, parking and pedestrian signs and markings
- Obey all security, construction workers and police officers
- Bicyclists must wear helmets and obey traffic rules and signs
- The lab is patrolled by the California State Highway Patrol
- Stay on the sidewalk
- Cross at crosswalks
- Do not attempt to touch any wild animals onsite
For those who choose to smoke, the lab has provided ashcans at a few outdoor places throughout the site. Smoking is only permitted at these places.
- Drop down on the floor.
- Cover under a sturdy desk, table or other furniture.
- Hold onto it and be prepared to move with the furniture.
- Evacuate to assembly area (usually in parking lot). Take
- Follow Directions from the Building Emergency Team